San Francisco, CA
You’ll wear many hats, have a lot of responsibility, and be part of a fun, smart, and creative team. The company is bootstrapped and profitable, have extremely happy customers, and make up a team of people as talented and passionate as you are. They love what they do and care about doing good in the world. They strive to work like a beautifully engineered German car: fast, efficient, and fun.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you're a technical leader in training. You've not only demonstrated engineering excellence, you've also been informally building management skills since you were in school by balancing multiple high-priority projects simultaneously. Your past accomplishments suggest that as the company continues to grow, you're ready to start mentoring others and eventually build and lead a team of developers.
Your programming work will focus on extending their Java/JSP Web application, with an emphasis on open source technologies like Linux, Apache, Tomcat, Struts, AJAX/Web Services, and MySQL. You'll have opportunities to work on sophisticated native apps for Android, iPhone, iPad, and possibly others.
- bring at least three years of focused, impactful experience as a Web and/or mobile developer... plus a lifetime of curiosity
- have intelligence, energy, and integrity
- want to grow your career quickly and start learning management skills
- lead multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- design applications that are intuitive and fun to use
- communicate fluidly in a team environment
- find elegant solutions to complex business issues that don't always involve writing code
- aren't agoraphobic - travel is fun!
- never set foot in a cubicle farm
- like to play with sleek machines named after fruits and robots
- inhabit a beautiful office in San Francisco
- love our work!
- prefer Mac and Linux to... other operating systems
- prefer to work in person with a small, fast-paced team
- always search for the next hot thing
- provide coffee, tea, beer, and snacks
You can grow your career as quickly as you want to. Where else would you have a chance to program a thrilling new feature in the morning, meet with clients for lunch, run an impromptu design meeting in the afternoon, and drink beers with the team after work? Plus, you'll be able to see the impact of your work immediately and you'll hear from clients how your efforts have improved their lives.
Unfortunately, this company is unable to provide visa sponsorship. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. as a precondition of employment.
Interested in learning more? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.